[Back to Essay 4]
- “Black and Blue,” by Garnette Cagodan (previously)
- "The Condition of Black Life is One of Mourning," by Claudia Rankine
- "Where Do We Go From Here?" by Isabel Wilkerson
- In your own words, how would you describe the main point(s) of the essay?
- What conversation does each author enter?
- How does the author engage other voices that are present in that conversation? What, exactly, are the other voices present in the conversation?
- Compare what Rankine has to say with Cadogan's essay ("Black and Blue"): how does she advance Cadogan's argument?
- Select particularly important short passages from each essay and be prepared to discuss them.