Midterm Exam Study Guide
What we've read since the beginning of the semester
- The Foundation Center's "Proposal Writing Short Course"
- The Only Grant-Writing Book You'll Ever Need
- "Lesson 1: Who Am I? (and What in the World Do I Want to Do?)"
- "Lesson 2: Wait a Second--What Is a Grant . . . and Where Do I Get One?"
- "Lesson 5: Intangibles: Things They Never Tell You (About Proposal Writing)"
- "Lesson 6: Writing (Proposals) with Style: 12 Basic Rules""
- "Lesson 7: Identifying and Documenting the Need: What Problem Will a Grant Fix?"
- Winning Grants Step by Step
- "Step 2: Developing Relationships with Funders"
- "Resource B: How to Research Funders"
- "Step 3: Writing a Compelling Problem Statement"
Topics to be covered
Grants and those who get them
- The different kinds of grants available
- Eligibility for receiving grants
- The relationship between available grants and your organization's mission
Funding and funders
- How to find sources of funding
- Understanding the variety of funding sources
- Finding out about funders
- Developing relationships with funders
- Communicating with funders
Meeting the need
- How to research what your community needs
- How to persuade others of what your community needs