Modes of Communication
[Taken from the first edition of Writer / Designer]
- Linguistic Mode
- “word choice; spoken or written text; the organization of writing or speech into phrases, sentences, paragraphs, etc.; the development and coherence of individual words and ideas” (5)
- Visual Mode
- “color, layout, syle, size, perspective” (6).
- Aural Mode
- “music, sound effects, ambient noise/sounds, silence, tone of voice in spoken language, volume of sound, emphasis and accent” (8).
- Spatial Mode
- “arrangement, organization, proximity between people or objects” (10).
- Gestural Mode
- “facial expressions, hand gestures, body language, interaction between people” (12)